Safety and Security Tips: Buying and Selling on Heartland ATVs
HeartlandATVs.com is concerned about the safety and security of our customers. Accordingly, we have put a number of technological protections in place to ensure that our transaction process is extremely safe and that our customers' information is secure.
Additionally, HeartlandATVs.com takes a number of steps to help ensure that our third-party seller platforms are safe and that our sellers are of the highest quality. However, keep in mind that customer protection is a two-way street. When buying or selling on any online venue, caution must always be practiced.
The overwhelming majority of online transactions are completed without incident. While the possibility of being defrauded by a third-party seller is minimal, there are some risks. HeartlandATVs.com has developed the following guidelines to help ensure that your online shopping experience is safe and secure.
Safety and Security Tips
Buyer and Seller Tip: Protect your passwords.
Buyer and Seller Tip: Be wary of unsolicited e-mail and telephone contacts.
- If using a public computer or terminal, always log out when you complete an online session.
- Keep your passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters--a combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, e-mail address, or other personal information that can be easily obtained. It is also recommended that you frequently change your password. If you need assistance with this, visit our Changing Your Password Help page.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
Buyer Tip: Research your seller.
- HeartlandATVs.com will never e-mail or call a customer and ask that they disclose or verify their HeartlandATVs.com password, credit card, or banking account number. Such information should only be submitted when completing an order on HeartlandATVs.com, registering for HeartlandATVs Payments, contacting HeartlandATVs.com directly, or when making updates to Your Account or Seller Account areas. If you receive a suspicious e-mail with a link to update your account information, do not click on the link--instead go directly to www.HeartlandATVs.com and then to your account.
- If you are contacted by, or receive an unsolicited e-mail from an unknown entity, and are asked to confirm or provide your password or personal or banking information, simply disregard the request and report the incident to HeartlandATVs.com for investigation.
- Buyers and sellers on the third-party sales platform (Marketplace) should always carefully review order and shipment confirmation e-mails to ensure that they are legitimate and have been sent by HeartlandATVs.com. To do this, simply cross-reference confirmation e-mails with the transaction history found within the Seller Account area.
- If you receive a suspected spoofed HeartlandATVs.com e-mail, or discover a fake HeartlandATVs.com Web site, please report the incident to HeartlandATVs.com. You can also learn more about HeartlandATVs.com's legal efforts to help stop spoofing.
Buyer Tip: Only use HeartlandATVs Payments for Marketplace transactions.
- Buyers should always research a seller's feedback history prior to initiating a transaction. Feedback is the leading indicator of a seller's overall quality. Look for clues within a seller's feedback that indicate the following: The ability to fulfill and ship orders in a timely fashion, a seller's willingness to resolve transaction disputes, and an indication that the quality of the products shipped matches the description supplied by the seller. Learn more about seller feedback.
- HeartlandATVs Payments (paying for items through HeartlandATVs.com's Shopping Cart or 1-Click) is safe, secure, guaranteed, and provides buyers with a convenient method of payment. HeartlandATVs Payments is the only authorized and recognized form of payment for Marketplace purchases. Marketplace sellers may only use HeartlandATVs.com Payments to complete transactions.
- Regardless of circumstances, buyers should never pay for a Marketplace item using an alternative form of payment such as wire transfer, credit card, money orders, check, cash, etc.
- Marketplace transactions paid for using alternative forms of payment are not eligible for protection under the HeartlandATVs.com Guarantee; therefore, it is extremely important that buyers only use Paypal.